Postponed due to covid sweeping through our householdWe are unable to participate in this farm gate trail as our whole family has come down with covid and we’re isolating. We will be opening our farm again on Sunday 28 August to let you fill your empty eskies with our farm goodies. Keep an eye on our socials, or join our mailing list to have first dibs on tickets to our upcoming events.
Join our farming family on Sunday 31 July for Farm Gate Trail. From 9am to 3pm we’ll swing open the farm gates and welcome you with open arms to share in our farming story. We’ve been busily stocking the fridges and freezers in The Farm Larder for you to take home a piece of our farm. Our Jersey Girl cultured butter is always popular and we’re giving those arm muscles a workout to get as many blocks of golden goodness ready for the day. Our double cream, luscious crème fraiche, and creamy yoghurt are a delight to the tastebuds. Don’t miss out on one of our Jersey Girl ice creams – with 2 new flavours using local seasonal ingredients, the choice has been made even more difficult. Whichever you choose, we know you won’t be disappointed!
Our heritage breed pigs have been loving the lush green grass and extra milk this season, and it’s certainly reflected in the quality of their meat. Beautiful, tender pork, grown without the use of chemicals, and always respecting the pigginess of the pig. You’ll taste the difference! There’s nothing quite like amazing soft veal and we’ve stocked the freezers with our Rose Veal for your culinary pleasure. Raised in open, grass filled paddocks, drinking fresh milk straight from mum – we think you’ll love the result.
The picnic paddock is the perfect spot to chill out with an ice cream, or something a little heartier from our friends at 2M8sBBQ with their low and slow smokey creations. Local gal, Nicky Convine, knows how to keep the crowd happy with a fab variety of tunes from the Bedford stage.
Grab yourself a bucket of animal feed and head off on your own farm adventure. You’ll meet and feed our calves, sheep, chickens and ducks. Looking to get right in on the action? Add a pumpkin to your basket and join Farmer Dave for the pumpkin smashing pig feeding – it won’t be just the pigs squealing with delight! $10 for buckets of feed and $4 for a pumpkin.
Dip your toes in the river or get on in there – the Albert River is absolutely gorgeous at the moment, and our new walking tracks make adventuring down by the river even easier.
Looking for some tips to have the best day out on the farm?
- Pre-ordering from The Farm Larder will make life so much easier – you won’t want to miss out on your favourites.
- Our online store will be fully stocked by Wednesday 27 July for pre-orders. Until then, we’ll be building our larder of lamb, eggs, and delicious Jersey Girl dairy products.
- Enclosed shoes are essential for walking around the farm
- No charge for entry to the farm
- No pets please. We’re happy for you to meet our menagerie of farm animals and the welcoming party of crazy JRs but please don’t bring your family pet to the farm. It’s no fun to have to leave them at the car while you’re enjoying your farm adventure.
- All meat is stored frozen. Don’t forget your esky.
- Waivers are required to enter the farm walk, feeding and river access areas of the farm.
- We are a small family farm and despite our best efforts to have enough stock on hand, we’re not a supermarket. The very reason you’ll find the highest quality products here is because of the way we farm – small scale, artisan producers – where quality trumps quantity every time.
- Feel free to wait in the parking paddock if you arrive early. Don’t mind us, we’ll be racing around feeding animals and getting things ready for your arrival from 9am.
Important Notice: In light of the current Foot and Mouth Disease situation in Indonesia and the possible threat this poses to our animals, we ask that you DO NOT VISIT our farm if you have travelled overseas in the past seven days. All visitors will be required to have clean clothes and footwear on entry to the farm. Shoe disinfecting will occur at the entry point to our farm.
We will require visitors to sanitise their hands prior to entering the farm walk and animal feeding areas of our farm. Picnics will also be restricted to the designated picnic paddock to ensure we are not risking the spread of disease to our animals.
We appreciate your understanding as we try our best to manage our responsibility for our animals, our community, and your enjoyment of a day on our farm. Please feel free to contact us should you have further questions or concerns about a visit to the farm.
We recommend downloading and completing the waivers to bring with you, saving time at the farm entry. Please note, a separate waiver is required for each person (adults and children) entering the farm.
We look forward to welcoming you the farm, Sunday 31 July from 9am to 3pm.