Get your empty esky ready for the winter Farm Gate Trail on Saturday 26 August.
From 9am to 3pm we’re opening our farm gates as one of the many farmers and producers across the region sharing their story and their products with you.
Download the map Destination Scenic Rim to plan your itinerary for the day (tip from the locals – don’t try to visit more than a few places across the day).
On our farm we’ll have all your favourites available –
– Milk fed pork
– Rose veal
– Jersey Girl ice creams
– Tommy’s Pastured Eggs
– Harry’s Paddock vege – all biodynamically/organically grown – salad mix, kale, beetroot, broccoli, radish, rainbow chard, carrots and more!
We’re keeping it super simple, and authentic!
– Wander the farm to meet and feed our calves, sheep, goats, chickens and ducks (buckets of feed $15)
– Smash a pumpkin to feed the pigs with Farmer Dave (pumpkins available for purchase on the day)
– Take a leisurely stroll down the river
– Say hi to our Jersey Girl dairy herd (no milking or dairy visits)
– Grab a coffee or milkshake from Andrew Lost World Coffee
– Homemade sweet treats from Darlington State School
– Gorgeous local wine from Barney Creek Vineyard Cottages
-Some of our fellow Scenic Rim producers will be joining us for the day to share their wares with you
- 4 Real Milk
- Blue Tree Honey
- Wilde Foods
– Tommerup’s Toasties featuring our own farm ham, local cheese, with handmade pesto and relish. Or BYO picnic to chill out in the picnic paddock or down by the river
**Please remember that you’ll need enclosed shoes to walk around the farm.
**NO PETS PLEASE – they won’t enjoy waiting in the car while you explore the farm
** Waivers required for entry to farm walk, animal feeding and river access
** Feel free to enjoy the peace and quiet of the country in the parking paddock if you arrive prior to 9am. We’ll be racing around getting our farm chores sorted before then.
GATES OPEN FROM 9AM ONLY
** We’re not a supermarket. We’re artisan producers – quality over quantity. We’ve done our best to prepare as much stock as possible for the event and we appreciate your understanding of how much we can produce
Drop in to White’s Farm roadside stall on your way to our place, and then onto Ladybrook Farm, before dropping by Towri Sheep Cheeses on your way home. Check out Destination Scenic Rim for full details of who’s open for the day.
Oh, and remember your esky!!!
See you on the 26th August 9am to 3pm.